We love to work outside. When we were looking for a house I don't think we saw any of the flaws in the house. All we saw was the double lot of yard with the lack of landscaping (even though the real estate papers said "professional landscaped"). So we had a blank canvas and were so excited.
Every warm day we have brought tons of dirt (31 tons to be exact) onto our lawn. Created flower bed and berms. We planted trees. We laid sod. My husband watered loyally to have a plush green lawn.
We saved every poorly planted shrub planted by moving it and giving it life. Right now I look forward to the hundreds of bulbs bursting at the first sign of spring. We have 15 varieties of hosta and over 200 day lilies. Last year I potted 56 pots around the yard.
So with it sub-zero outside, I will have warm thoughts of getting in my garden and digging in the dirt.
No comments:
Post a Comment