Saturday, February 1, 2014

It is snowing!!!!

For those of you who are not from central Illinois, you may not understand Illinois winters are unpredictable. Last year we had one signification snow the end of February maybe one super cold spell and that was it. So this year with many snows and three super cold spells, people are whining. 

IT IS ILLINOIS PEOPLE!

I love the snow. It is pretty (who wants to look at brown grass), it protects my perennials from the weather, and hopefully puts water back into our water table. I have had several snows in the country memory lane, so I won't go there. But, our grandchildren love, love, love coming over and playing in the snow.

My sweet hubby spent the afternoon cleaning us out, most of the neighbors (he plows the cul-de-sac even though there is someone who is suppose to do it, but he loves is), and his two girl's houses (how he loves to spoil). He was one happy guy. 

I grew up in a rural community. My Dad's rule was if you don't need to go someone don't just venture out. It is harder for snow plows and other emergency vehicles to do their job when cars are on the road. I have always followed those rules. We got groceries on Thursday and I totally loved my day making snickerdoodle cookies and drinking coffee while the world turned white.

So I hope you are safe and warm where ever you are...and enjoy this weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment