Monday, January 20, 2014

Let's Get Started

I have been thinking of starting a blog for some time. I am not sure I will even tell anyone I am doing this (though since my name is in the title someone may find me) little blog. I just want to capture thoughts of memories from my family growing up and a diary of my life now. Boring huh? Well not to me, and I guess that is all that is important.

For the last few days I have been cleaning. Really cleaning. I have removed everything from above the kitchen cabinets: washing, polishing, admiring. Everything up there has a memory. It is a vase that Mother had in her cupboard and rarely used when I was a kid, to a piece of a collection I carefully pondered and decided to start, to a rare piece from my husband's family. I want Nichole and her future family to know and love the treasures from my side of the family. The stories. The history. So, I decided as they come to me I should write them down.

I don't consider myself a writer. Struggled with writing while in school. But through the years I have improved. So hopefully this little blog will hold someones interest someday.

So for now while my husband is off to the farm to "check on things" and I am cleaning for the bug man (yes four times a year I clean for him - probably better than I do other days) I will decided what memory I will add to this post. Kind of exciting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment