Saturday, March 8, 2014

The world's best chocolate chip cookies

When I was a little girl my mother bought a Pillsbury Bakeoff Cookbook that had a recipe for chocolate chip cookies with oatmeal. She made them and our family suddenly wanted them all the time.


I developed and changed the recipe for a college assignment. Through the years the recipe has been used to teach kids the art of baking. It was my introduction to junior high foods class and the kids got to bake and eat the cookies; what kid wouldn't like that the first day of class!

They are expected at family and work gatherings. 

Now titled the "worlds best chocolate chip cookies" by my niece and her friends, they have been requested and been tucked into tux jackets at prom, robes at graduation, sports bags for basketball, and foot lockers at 4-H county fairs.

Tonight I made them for a wedding shower. We are to bring a recipe to the shower. I got over zealous and thought not only should I share the recipe but make sampling. I wrapped them in glass jars and satin ribbon. Very pretty if I do say so myself.

Nichole and her childhood friend are over here tonight so of course some were packaged and sent back with them when they return to their dorm rooms.

It is so fun to share my cherished recipe with friends. I hope the recipe will be passed around for years to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment