Anyway, it is fair week.
I remember the years of drought. I remember the year a tornado went over our heads as we were hanging out in the barn (kids not thinking things through?). I remember many, many years of so much rain it would rush down the middle of the aisle and we would have to clean out the pens to the floor and start all over with bedding. Big mess, huge! Sheep blankets soaked. Yuck! I remember it being very, very hot; so hot that we didn't feed until 9:00 or 10:00 at night.
I have been getting the fair bug. I have a childhood girlfriend who has been posting grandchildren 4-H pictures on Facebook; ribbons, trophies, accomplishments. It is so fun. I have been following a couple agriculture bloggers who exhibit and report their family accomplishments. I have the bug.
So as I walked around at 7:00 at night in warmups, t-shirt, hooded sweat shirt, and sox that in all my fair year I do not remember it ever being this chilly. It would have been wonderful. The sheep would have loved it. Our family would have loved it; show day without giant drips of sweat rolling down your face, back, arms....
I have the nostalgia bug.
I haven’t shown since August 2008. It was the state fair. Conrad had died that summer and I was helping Nichole. I was overcome with grief. It was not fun.
Following these kids, who I really
don't know, is fun. I am very happy for their parents and the animals that it is
not the "sweat down ever crevice of your body" hot and humid out.
No comments:
Post a Comment